Menu

Reader Problems book tag

I originally intended to post a book review and, maybe, another book related post after that before doing another tag but real life has changed all that. I haven't quite finished reading he book I intended to review and I actually can,t think of another post to do in the meantime and since this one's ready, this is what I'm sharing today. As for the book review, I'm thinking Saturday or Sunday. I'll see about that.




1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?


I'm a mood reader so whatever I felt like reading at the time is what I'd pick. These days, it depends on if I have received an ARC and need to do a review for it. Then I'll start with that.


2. You're halfway through a book and you're just not loving it. Do you quit or are you commited?


I have done both. I'm trying to push through to the end because sometimes my opinion will change but other times, I just can't deal and have to stop reading. I guess it depends on the book...


3. The end of the year is coming and you're so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?


In 2018, I was able to catch up with graphic novels. In 2019, I discovered audiobooks and kept ahead by many books all year long. I guess, if it were to happen that I'm late with my goal, I would try my best to get as close as I possibly can. There's only so much I can do, right? If I don't reach it, I don't.

4. The covers of a series you love. do. not. match. How do you cope?


I'd rather have matching covers with my book series. I have been lucky enough to not have any different ones so far. My biggest issue right now is hardcover vs. paperback though. I don't usually buy brand new so maybe the chances of a series not matching will be happening less often when thrifting but there's no garantee of that either. It's the same story inside though so it shouldn't stop me from buying the book(s). I might be on the lookout for the matching cover in the future however.

5. Every one and their mother loves a book you really don't like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?


I actually can't bond about books with my friends or family because none of them are as interested in reading as I am. I'm still new in the community so I haven't formed any close friendship with anyone yet. Also, the books I am getting and am reading are more than likely old news in the community anyway. I have no one; not really.

6. You're reading a book in public and you're about to start crying. How to you deal?


I haven't read any books that has brought me to tears yet. I don't think I've even gotten that close to it either.


7. A sequel to a book you loved just came out, but you've forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a synopsis on Goodreads? Cry in frustration?!?!?!?


Forgetting the plot of the previous book? Yeah, story of my life. Probably a reason why I should start annotating. If I have just finished reading it and pick the sequel right away, I'm more likely to remember, obviously. If it's been a while, I'll probably pick up the previous book and reread that one before getting to the sequel.

8. You do not want anyone. ANYONE. borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?


When I lived with my parents, I let mom borrow my harry Potter books. At the time, I really didn't mind at all and we were living under the same roof. Also, she had let me borrow her books, too, so I guess it was only natural?!

More recently though, I let a neighbor borrow a book that wasn't a novel. She never gave it back and I moved. I only remembered she had it a few weeks after I moved and I couldn't do anything about it. Then I found another copy at the thrift store so I basically forgot about it.

If it were to happen now, I'm not quite sure how I would react. I'd rather not. I know it would be easier, in a way. You're here, they're there but there are libraries everywhere that you can go to. Get your own copy?!

9. Reading ADD. You've picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?


I did that twice but only once because of an actual reading slump. To help bring me out of the reading slump, I switched genres completely - fantasy to contemporary. The other time it happened, I was just not in the mood for the books I was picking up but I tried others that kept me reading.

10. There are so many new books coming out that you're dying to read. How many do you actually buy?


As a thrifter, I feel this question doesn't quite apply to me.

11. After you've bought the new books you can't wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them?


A while. My TBR pile get bigger and bigger every month and there's only so many I can read at a time and my free time. I have unread books I have bought 10 or so years ago and I have other books that I read right away after buying. It depends on a lot of different things.


Do (did) you have any of the reader problems listed above?

Are there any questions you would like me to elaborate on?

I tag everyone that would like to do this tag. 
If you do, drop a link in the comments. I would love to read your answers.

Don't forget to like, comment and follow the blog 

10 comments:

  1. I actually don’t read books at all in the sense of novels (I know awful) so I decided to relate this to the tv shows I watch or want to watch. I feel like sometimes there is so much to focus on that it can get hard to stick to 1. Or you do stick to 1 and you spend all your time binging! I loved this post those so thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I can definitely link these to TV shows as well. So many good ones I'd love to watch too. Hard to keep track and stick to 1, I agree :) Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  2. I haven’t read a good book in a long time guess it’s time to head to the book store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not an avid book reader but I could relate to the 2nd point. I force myself to finish the book even if I don't like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does depend on the book for me but I do would rather push through.

      Delete
  4. I haven’t heard of this tag before! What a great tag to share! Thank you for sharing!
    Lauren | www.bournemouthgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading. Will you be doing this tag, too?

      Delete