Menu

Can't thrift? Kindle!

Question: what happens when a book thrifter can't go thrift or comes out empty handed?

Answer: the thrifter BUYS more books, of course!!


Yes, Kindle books. 

Here's the catch: I don't own a Kindle device.

"Louise, what are you doing? What are you waiting for?"

I know, I know. It's on my Birthday and Christmas wishlist for next year.
I've installed the app on my cellphone, one of my tablets and my computer at work and a friend suggested I get the Kindle Cloud Reader and that's on the work computer as well. That works out pretty well.

I got my first taste back in May this year. on the first day, I got 8 free books. On the second day, I got 17. On the third day, 8 more. Then I stopped. I mean... that's enough. Right?

Yes. In that moment. My Kindle shelf is basically filled just as much as my shelves at home. Can you say hooked? My TBR is definitely hating me 😜

Can you really blame me? It's so easy to browse around and choose what suits your mood, you know? I mainly browse the free books but it will happen that I get to pay for some. Depending of what I find. It's pretty cheap and my little thrifter heart is pretty happy ♥♥

A couple days ago, I checked up info on Kindle Unlimited and looked into the trial. However, Quebec is excluded from the trials, which suck but I'm used to it. My province in excluded from a billion other things anyway. I accidentally signed up for 3 months though but there was a deal for 0.99$ so... I guess I'll keep tabs on my credit card to make sure I don't have any extra charge and I'll consider this is my trial. 😏


Here's a list of my latest haul with their Goodreads descriptions:

Every Single Secret by Emily Carpenter

When We Believed in Mermaids by Barbara O'Neil

All Too Familiar (Accidental Familiar book 1) by Belinda White

In the Unlikely Event by L.J. Shen

The Last Librarian (The Justar Journal #1) by Brandt Legg

The Potion Commotion (Happy Blendings Witch #1) by Constance Barker

Regretting You by Colleen Hoover


Did I get these for this post? Yes. And no. I was going to browse Amazon when I thought about making this post so I thought why not combine? One stone, two shots I think they say.

I will be adding the pictures of the ebooks I haul in the future. Promise.


Do you have a Kindle device?
Are you subscribed to Kindle Unlimited?
What books did you get recently?

Don't forget to like, comment and follow the blog ♥

4 comments:

  1. I recently got into Kindle books as well, but I don't own a Kindle device. I usually just use my phone with the Kindle app.

    I also have really been enjoying Audible (a lot of Kindle books have Audible narration with it - for an extra charge of course). But this has been great for my long drives to and from work. I can still consume books even when I'm driving! :)

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea about Kindle having some books with Audible narration. It might be interesting to look into.

      Thanks for that and thank you for reading :)

      Delete
  2. I am bummed for you that you cant get KU. I have it and love it. I just started reading when We Believe in Mermaids. I hope you like it. I have a 2012 kindle Fire that I love. Not as good as paper but so many free or reduced price options. Plus it's easy to pack when you move.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Instead of the free KU trial, I signed up for 3 months at a pretty cheap deal. I guess that's gonna be my trial. I can't wait to sink my teeth into that book.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete