Menu

Thrifted books haul

It's been a good two weeks since I last set foot in a thrift store. I usually go every week but considering it was the Holidays and all that, I did different. Also, the last time the roommate and I went, it was jammed packed with people so we got out of there pretty fast. We rarely go for clothes these days but we still browse trinkets, footwear and accessories. Not that last time.

We did basically the same this time; took most of our time in books and browsed certain aisles but we didn't linger. I found 5+ books but came home with 5. They were all under 4$. That, to me, is considered jackpot. Dread Nation by Justina Ireland is the first book that caught my attention because I'd seen it on Bookoutlet and even though I skipped it from the site, it was a book I'd like to read one day. 

Then I saw Never Fade by Alexandra Bracken and grabbed it too. It's the second or third time I see it but I didn't buy it until now because I still haven't read The Darkest Minds and I'm unsure if I'll like it enough to want to continue with book 2. 

The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett was the third book I found. Can you believe I've never read this book before? I've never even seen the movie. Don't tell me I'm missing out... I know... I'd like to read more classics this year for sure and this is going to help me. 

Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead is book 4. I have the book edition with the two actresses of the movie on the cover. I'd seen this book very often at the thrift store but the movie was such a letdown to me, I never really considered trying the book before but that book as been hyped so I thought I'd give it a try. 

Lastly, The Color Purple by Alice Walker. Until a couple years ago, I had no idea there was a book but I liked the movie enough to consider bringing the book home at some point if I found it. It's a mass market and I usually don't go for those but considering which book it is, I can do an exception.


What about you, guys?

Have you thrifted any books so far? 

Read any of these before?


Don't forget to like, comment and follow the blog ♥

2 comments:

  1. These sound like interesting reads. Shopping in thrift shops are so good and helps the planet too! Thank you for sharing
    Lauren | www.bournemouthgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love thrifting. If I can do it for everything, that's what I'll do. :)

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete