Menu

Christmas movies on Netflix


Christmas time, or the holiday season in general, is a time to cozy up on the couch in your favorite pajamas and blanket, a nice cup of hot chocolate with whipped cream and sprinkles or just marshmallows to browse Netflix for the latest fun movie. Why not a Christmas movie to stay in season?

Every year, I'll watch the likes of Home Alone and Home Alone: Lost in New York featuring Macaulay Culkin, Joe Pesci and Daniel Stern. I will also be watching The Santa Clause, The Santa Clause 2 and The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause because, to me, they are classics. I know there are many more out there but I'm mainly interested in these each year.

I wanted something different this yer. Oh, I will be watching those movies, of course but Netflix has a plethora of movies to chose from and it's easy to sort through by typing "Christmas" or even "holiday".

I've picked 5 movies I would like to watch this year. I have Netflix Canada so some of the movies listed below may not be available to all.





A Christmas Prince: The Royal Baby

Amber and Richard host royals from a faraway kingdom to renew a sacred truce, but when the priceless treaty disappears, peace is put in jeopardy and an ancient curse threatens their family.






When the first movie was released on Netflix, it took me a long time before I sat down to watch it because I thought it would be a lot like other movies and that it would be way too cheesy and I wasn't in the mood for it. Turns out I really enjoyed myself. And the actress, Rose McIver, was really likeable in the role of Amber. She is relatable and fun. I've known her from the tv series iZombie, which is totally amazing to. But I digress. I can't wait to sink into the third installment of this series and I hope it's going to be just as good as the other two have been.



Let It Snow

A snowstorm hits a small midwestern town on Christmas Eve, bringing together a group of highschool students. They soon find their friendships and love lives colliding, and and Christmas morning, nothing will be the same.






I'll be totally honest here and say I haven't heard much of anything about this movie except that I know it is adapted from John Green's book "Let It Snow." It has Kiernan Shipka from The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina and and Liv Hewson from The Santa Clarita Diet and that was enough for me to want to see it.



Christmas with the Kranks

The Kranks scandalise everyone when they declare that they won't be celebrating Christmas. But, when their daughter decides to visit home, they get off on a mad rush to organise a spanking Christmas.






I like Tim Allen, Jamie Lee Curtis and Dan Aykroyd so all of them in the same movie sounds good. Again, another movie I basically know nothing about but I've wanted to see for many years already. I just never had the chance to do it.



The Princess Switch

One week before Christmas, a duchess switches places with an ordinary woman from Chicago, who looks exactly like her, and they each fall in love with each other's beaus.






Again, not that much to say other than I liked Vanessa Hudgens in High School Musical, Beastly and Sucker Punch and even know this story type of story feels a tiny bit over done with two girls looking alike switch bodies for a while but I wanted to see how this one would play out.


Shrek: The Halls

This half-hour animated TV special features the Shrek characters putting their own spin on holiday traditions.








I love Shrek. All of the movies. So it goes without saying that I watch this one as well when it comes on. It's a short movie but it's a happy, feel good short for the fans of this series for sure.


~~~~~~~~~~~

Lastly, this is not a movie but Netflix has made me discover this little jem of a show called Nailed it! They have made a special holiday edition as well and it's just as fun as the regular season. If you like baking and love a little competition, I definitely suggest this little show 😁


Nailed It! Holiday season 2

Home bakers who have a poor track record in the kitchen seek redemption -- and cash -- on this series. In each holiday-themed episode, three contestants try their hand at re-creating edible holiday masterpieces. The projects don't always turn out great, but whichever amateur baker comes closest to a successful dessert by the end of the episode takes home the $10,000 prize, which they might want to use on baking lessons. Comic Nicole Byer and renowned pastry chef Jacques Torres host the festive culinary competition.

So, there you have it. My little list of movies I plan to watch for Christmas.


Let's chat, you guys!

Do you have any Christmas movies you watch every year?
Do you plan on watching any on Netflix this year? If so, what are they?

Don't forget to like, comment and follow the blog ♥

6 comments:

  1. I can't believe I haven't watched any of the movies from this list, but I'm excited too because I can add them to my watch list now.
    My absolute fave Christmas movie is Joyeux Noël. It's based on true events from WW1. You won't regret watching it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for being so late on the reply. You definitely have to watch at least a couple of these :) I don't know Joyeux Noël myself. Again, I'm a bit late, but I'll have to search for it.

      Delete
  2. I didn’t even know Shrek did a Christmas movie! I might have to check a couple of these out over Christmas. Thank you for sharing!
    Lauren | www.bournemouthgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's a short movie. Something like 30 minutes or so. It's really cute.

      Delete
  3. I've only seen one from this list but I'm going to check out the others

    ReplyDelete