Menu

Review: Decker & Joy (North Pole Unlimited) by Elle Rush

Decker & Joy
(North Pole Unlimited #1)
by Elle Rush

Website // Twitter // Facebook

Publication date: October 11th, 2016
Publisher: SBD Entertainment
Format: eBook
Genre: Romance, Contemporary, Christmas

"No self-respecting private detective had a cat—not in books, not in movies, and certainly not in real life."

From Goodreads:

Jaded P.I. Decker Harkness must track down a missing prototype if he wants a shot at a corporate security contract. Sexy cat shelter manager Joy McCall has her own investigation running - she needs to figure out who broke into Kitten Caboodle and made off with her foster kittens. They'll have to work together to get the happy ending they both deserve.

My thoughts


First off, let me say that I want to adopt Pumpkin and the terrible trio!! I love kittens. Mine is now two years old and I already miss her meeping at me. She kept her baby mews however so it's fun. Kittens ♥♥♥


I went into this book not knowing much of anything about itm It's my first time reading anything by Elle Rush. I liked that this wasn,t just a romance but there's was a little detective work/mystery in there. I took two afternoons at work to read this but I would have finished it in one go had I been at home.

I usually stand clear from a romances that happen really fast but Decker and Joy had such chemistry between them and it was happening really nice. They actually took time to date even if it happened in the span of a few days or a week. The progress was really nice and I definitely rooted for them by the end of the book. 

As for the detective work, I liked that there's was a little twist to it and that he ended up solving two issues in one. I could guess at the second part pretty quickly but it was interesting anyway.

Not a perfect score because I wished it was a bit longer as I would have liked to read more about the romance between Deacker and Joy. it's a pretty big move they're doing in the end but it's all good anyway. I'm glad I gave this book a go!! Definitely an enjoyable read for sure and I can wait to get to book 2 and to read anything else by Ms. Rush.

Oh yes. Let's not forget that this story is based in Canada. Living in canada myself, it,s not often that I stumble upon books based in my Country. I love that so much!

2 comments:

  1. I love a Christmas book! I never manage to fit many in though throughout December as it’s so busy but I’m on my second this year x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the first year I check out in season books as well :)

    Thank you for reading!

    ReplyDelete