Menu

Thrifting ♥: books haul

Next Friday is my office's Christmas party so I went to the thrift store to see what I could find to go with my dress. I didn't find anything at the two locations I went to and ended up shopping my own closet.

As for the books, I was much more successful and, as a bonus, they were 40% 😆

- Horror Stories by Bram Stoker. I only now of Dracula but when I saw this books, I just had to get it. The colors on the cover are halfway gone from manipulation, I think but everything else looks in good condition and that's awesome. It's a compilation of Gothic horror short stories that I cannot wait to sink my teeth into.

- Steampunk by Jeff VanderMeer. I love steampunk so much that, when I saw this, I had no other choice but to grab it. It's an anthology of short stories introducing the reader to what steampunk is through different approaches.

- The Magicians by Lev Grossman. There is just something about witches, wizards and magical worlds that draw me in so when I saw this, I had to get it.

- The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken. I've heard so much about it. And I'm also pretty interested in the movie adaptation of it but I wanted to read the book first. Now I can. Fun fact: I have found Never Fade at the thrift store last night but didn't buy it in case I don't like The Darkest Minds.

- The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang. What about a little adult romance to clean my palate? I like the simple yet fun cover of this. I don't have a lot to say about this but I thought it looked fun.

- Simon VS the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli. I heard a ton of good things about this one as well. I have gotten the movie a few months ago but have yet to watch it. Now I can read it before I watch.

***********

What am I currently reading? I have about 3 hours left for Aurora Rising by Amie Kaufman. Over the weekend, a ghost played it all behind my back so I had to go back in the last chapter I was at to continue it. I will also be finishing Chosen by Kiersten White during my week's vacation next week.


Let's talk.

Did you get any new and fun books recently?
What are you currently reading?
Are you going on vacation for the holidays?

Don't forget to like, comment and follow the blog ♥


2 comments:

  1. I am currently working my way through some Christmas books, I love a cheesy Christmas book as much as a film x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that is fun. I love Christmas movies. I'll start doing it for books, too :)

      Delete