Menu

End of the year book tag



Happy middle December everyone!!

I cannot believe how fast the year is coming to an end. It's really crazy. In the blink of an eye and poof, it's already a thing of the past.

I was working on a few posts for the future while reading other blogs and watching videos when I stumbled upon this one tag that looked interesting and I've decided to try my hands at it.

Let's get started, shall we?


1. Are there any books you started this year you need to finish?
 

"A Court of Torns and Roses" by Sarah J. Maas, "Ruin and Rising" by Leigh Bardugo and "The Priory of the Orange Tree" by Samantha Shannon. They are all books I got halfway through before I decided to put down to start other books. I either was confused or bored by all of them. "Priory" was a huge book on audio after my car accident and I probably wasn't paying enough attention to it. 

I'm currently reading two other books and I seriously doubt I'll be able to get back to these ones. I still have 16 days so, who really knows.


2. Do you have an autumnal book to transition to the end of the year?

I'm definitely more of a mood reader than anything so the idea of picking books to help the transition never even crossed my mind. I'm not saying I wouldn't be interested in trying but I'm unsure it would be a concept I'd be able to immerse myself into properly.


3. Is there a new release you're still waiting for?

I would say "Chain of Gold (The Last Hours #1) by Cassandra Clare is the only book that comes to mind because, unlike the majority of the book community, I'm not following the same trend of getting and reading all of the current books and I'm not really keeping tabs on new releases as much as others. Also, I'm excited to add this one to the collection is I adore the Shadowhunters world.




4. What are three books you want to read before the end of the year?

"Cinder" by Marissa Meyer, "The Last Magician" by Lisa Maxwell and "Caraval" by Stephanie Garber. I already have a bunch of books I started but haven't finished yet so I'm hoping to finish those before starting new ones but it would be fun to add these before the end. I'll be on vacation starteing December 21rst until January 5th so who know what'll happen.



5. Is there a book that you think could still shock you and become your FAVORITE?

That's a hard one to answer. Are we talking favorite of all time or favorite of the year? A book already has that title, no matter which it is, and I'm not sure it'll be replaced anytime soon.




6. Have you already made reading plans for 2020?

I've already posted about the A to Z Reading Challenge. I'll also be setting my 2020 reading goal on Goodreads. So far, that's it. I'm definitely opened to more challenges in the future.




~~~~~~~~~~~

This was a fun tag to do while browsing my shelves to answer the questions. Looking back, I can say I'm happy with my book selection this year and I'm glad to have tried audiobooks as well.

I might do this tag next year. Do you think it's a good idea?


Let's talk!!


- Are you happy with your reading this year?
- Are there any books you absolutely want to read before December 31rst?
- Any anticipated new releases?
- Did you make any reading plans for 2020?

Don't forget to like, comment and follow the blog ♥

2 comments:

  1. I slowed down on my reading near the end of the year. I'm disappointed because a book I really wanted to read came out right before the holidays and I just haven't been in the right headspace to sit down and get through it and now it is due back to the library. So it might be my first book for 2020.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My reading mood as let me down this month, I have to admit. Books I should have finished have been left untouched for a while and I just don't feel like reading much lately. It'll pick back up, I'm sure the same will be for you, too!

      Delete